Wednesday 30 September 2009

FOTD- Saturday and Maxie being a little thief :).

This weekend was a relaxing one with the boyfriend- plenty of good food (Sainsbury's are doing a recession friendly offer for a two course taste the difference meal and a bottle of wine for two for only £10!), DVDs, and X-Factor. However, on Saturday night we managed to dislodge ourselves from the couch for some drinks and a few giggles at a comedy club.
 (Luke always boasts that he has longer eyelashes than me, but I think I win with a little help ;). Who do you think wins, nature or Revlon? Hehe).

Never missing a chance to play with my makeup, but only having a few minutes to get ready I decided to keep it simple, but add drama with lashes.
Eyes- MAC naked pigment over my lid, with burnt burgundy in the crease (love this for green eyes).
MAC blacktrack fluidline
Maybelline pulse perfection mascara
REVLON Intensifying lashes 99500- add subtle length
Lips- MAC subculture lipliner
Bodyshop Colourglide lipstick in Dusk Pink (No. 42- smells so yummy)
You may be wondering why I would fuss with lashes if I am trying to be speedy, but I will let you in on a little secret, they took less than 30 seconds to put on! These lashes come with adhesive already on them, so there is no mess, no sticky fingers and no time spent dancing around the room, waving them about to get the glue tacky. I just peeled them off, stuck them on, and surprisingly they stayed put all night! Success!!


The downside of these is the adhesive band. For my liking it is too thick, though this makes it easier to adhere and adjust. It is also shiny, so it can look obvious, and I much prefer a clear band. This to me seems strange as these lashes are made to look very natural (especially compared to some of the monstrosities I have previously worn on photo shoots etc.), yet the band would not blend in to the lashline without fairly thick eyeliner.


However, I would definitely recommend these for beginners, as they are much less fiddly and you won't be getting glue all over your eye makeup. Kindly, they come with a little lash applicator, which you can use to make them more secure, or manouevre them down so that there are no obvious gaps between the band and your lashes. There is also an extra adhesive strip so they can be re-used, and after that you can of course use them with your own glue :).

If you are on old hand at false eyelashes, these may not be for you, but I really like them and will be stocking up on a few pairs for those clumsy days when DUO just doesn't co-operate, or if I am in a rush.

Unfortunately, I can't re-use mine, as the second I took them off Maxie mistook them for a spider and decided to chew them to death! I really wish I had a camera to capture the moment he proudly sauntered up to me with an eyelash casually hanging out of the corner of his mouth. With all the stollen brushes, Q-tips and lipsticks I think Maxie is becoming a modern man and has started to build his own make-up collection ;).

Natalya
xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I wore my Revlon Lashes on Sat. too. They stayed all night, but the sticky part was a little too thick.

    You & the BF look so good & happy, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look so natural. I've never worn false lashes before but you may have just convinced me to go buy these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GiGi Snap, hehe! I thought that too, just to thick and obvious!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so natural but big! Love them! I am looking forward to getting mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to go to a comedy club sounds so fun!!Will have to drag Hel along to one with me! I've got those lashes too not worn them yet tho, they look gorgeous on you love your eye makeup in thisxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Maxie.....so cute
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty natural look, and those lashes sound like a great Idea!

    aw Maxie, I do love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i actually really lol'd when you said about maxie mistaking them for a spider! too funny!

    i love the idea of pre-glued lashes. i can do the glue fine but it is time consuming, might have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig