Friday 18 March 2011

Anniversary Dinner

For the first time in a while I took a few hours out of my hectic schedule to get glammed up for my anniversary dinner with the bf. Nothing is more relaxing than a little pampering session!
 Face: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Guerlain highlighting powder
MAC Well Dressed blush
Since I had some time I decided to play with some of my long abandoned pigments. I used MAC's pinked mauve on the lid and a little cornflower on the outer corner. I then blended some neutral colours through the crease to add some depth and definition, namely MAC scene and grain, and added a little digit to the inner corners.
I finished off the look with L'Oreal's super liner carbon gloss and million lashes mascara. Since my lashes are somewhat sparse post extensions I also added some subtle false lashes from Japonesque.
This was my first time trying Japonesque and I have to say I'm impressed! The lashes look so natural on and are easy to apply as they are flexible and fit well to the eye contour. I also really liked the clear lash band as it makes them almost undetectable! You can find a great range of Japonesque lashes (RRP £8.00) here.
On the lips I used MAC's rose romance lipstick and trifle lipglass.

Despite 'forcing' the bf to get snap happy my all black outfit didn't quite lend itself to my living room's lighting. I wore a simple black mini dress with a low cut back with bow detail. To add a little interest I chose my favourite 'evening' coat. I purchased this from Topshop's limited edition boutique line years ago, but am hoping it will last forever as I very rarely wear it, saving it for very special occasions.
This photo really doesn't do this trench coat justice, I will have to try and get a photo in daylight. The bell sleeves, the full draped skirt, I adore it!
The statement bling in the above is from Swarovski.
Maxie didn't want to feel left out so he had some pampering too, although you can probably tell that he doesn't enjoy having his hair done... ahem I mean brushed, as much as I do ;). Yay it's almost the weekend! I hope you are all having a good week my lovelies! xxx
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. You look lovely - I especially love those pigments, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always look so beautiful, as does maxie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love this eyeshadow look on you! I'm going to have a dig around in my collection see if i can create something similar :D

    xxShivvyxx

    Please check out my blog it would mean a lot to me

    xxshivvyxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute love these colous on you!
    Was lovely to see you again this week.
    We should meet up sometime (outside blog stuff) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so prettyyy. Love the look. I also love love love your haircolor! It's exactly the color I've been trying to achieve. Also, I see those Japonesque lashes around and Ulta and never thought to pick it up, but now I'm gonna have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your eye make up is stunning, and I love your coat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, both the coat and eye make-up and of course Maxie! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary!!!
    beautiful look!
    http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeee that coat! It's so glamourous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you look so lovely hun! Your hair, clothes & makeup is just absolutely gorg! Hope you had a lovely anniversary. Aww love seeing maxie too! Such a handsome fella ;)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous coat! your eye makeup looks beautiful here too :}
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the best auburn hair color I have ever seen. It's not to light or to dark and not brassy. What hair color are you using now? I will be anxiously awaiting your answer. You look gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with the other comments...you're hair colour is divine! I will also be waiting for your amazing hair colour secret :D x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dutchess Roz - Thanks honey. Definitely need to plan a get together (post exams). Would be lovely to see you for a chat without interruptions from scary ladies (you know the one I mean ;)). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Melinda - Thanks so much sweetie! Maxie sends his love :). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ e manticoff @xxgeethaxx The last colour I used was the John Frieda foam colour 5R. Review is up on my blog too :). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, you're gorgeous!! Can you tell me what is this hair colour you have on these pictures? Your make-up is perfect!

    - girl from finland

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read all the comments and there was the hair colour, so nevermind the earlier question. :) I wish I was as beautiful as you <3

    - girl from finland

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig