Tuesday 9 August 2011

Dr Jart Beauty Balm

I picked up my first beauty balm completely by accident while travelling in Thailand in 2005. I couldn't tell you the name, or even the brand as unfortunately I can't read Thai, but I thought it was such a great product and was disappointed when I couldn't find anything similar back in the UK. Six years later and the beauty world is all a flutter with BB creams, especially with Garnier launching their own version. Beauty Balms/ Blemish Balms or BB aim to combine a skincare regimen in one tube - they moisturise, protect, correct and cover in one step. I love multi-tasking products that can save time in my morning routine, so a cream that acts as my moisturiser, sunscreen, serum and foundation is definitely something to get excited about!

I had never heard of the Korean brand Dr Jart prior to their press release landing in my inbox, but after a quick browse through their website I was very much looking forward to sampling some of their products. I was sent two BB creams to try and have been testing them out over the last few months.

Dr Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 (50ml - $32) is made with 50% water to help hydrate the skin and maintain a dewy fresh look throughout the day. The oil-free formula is free of artificial fragrances, colours and is suitable for very sensitive skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid and sea water to increase the moisture content of the skin, as well as aloe and Portulaca Leracea to soothe, calm and banish redness.
The magic really happens when you begin to apply the cream! On first application small droplets of water appear on the surface and then become absorbed as you work the cream into the skin leaving behind a cooling, refreshing sensation. I have never seen a cream that works this way before and was a little perturbed the first time I used it! It does take a little extra effort to blend, but melts into the skin well and sets after a few minutes to leave behind a beautiful glow. It also has great coverage and lasts well on oily skin while still looking natural.

However, my personal favourite of the two is Dr Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 (40ml - $39). This BB comes with advanced brightening and anti-ageing properties in the form of a biopeptide complex that promotes natural collagen production and adenosine to improve elasticity and firm the skin.
I love the high SPF in this cream and used it as my moisturiser, sun protection and foundation every day while I was on holiday. It gives such beautiful, flawless, natural coverage and lasts well on the skin, even through the heat. Usually creams with high SPF can sit very heavily on the skin and have often caused me to break out, but I have had no such problems with this and was happy to see that it protected my skin and kept it hydrated throughout the day without making it oily.
I also really like the packaging with the 'upside down' pump dispenser that helps to get every last drop of product out. Though I only need one pump to cover my whole face, so I envisage the tube lasting for quite some time. This is definitely my must have product for the summer!

Dr Jart is currently available from Sephora as well as the Dr Jart website. Have you tried any Dr Jart products? Are you a fan of BB creams?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of Erborian BB Creme au Ginseng which I reviewed. I've been using it since April and it's made most of my foundations and tinted moisturisers completely redundant. Looking forward to trying the Garnier one too.

    http://athingforbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/05/to-bb-or-not-to-bb.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use lioelle 'triple the solution' bb cream as it has quite pronounced yellow undertones which are perfect for my Asian skin. It's my favourite bb brand so far but there are a lot I have not tried yet (I don't think much of garnier's bb cream at all, was very disappointed when I tried it) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks amazing! So dewy and gorgeous. I've just bought the Garnier BB cream- very interested to try it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. woaah a beauty balm? what's the difference with bb creams? I love your dewy look <3

    btw,
    Can I invite you to join my GIVEAWAY, pretty please? ^^
    The prize are korean bb creams and bubble cleansing foam, hope you want to check it out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there, Dr. Jart's BB cream did not work for me, but it looks great on you:) I like Lioele Beyond The Solution BB Cream and Aveda Inner Light tinted moisturizer. I have been using the latter for at least 5 years and the new formula is paraben free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skin looks absolutely amazing! I'm definitely going to try this out when payday comes along!

    http://www.rebecca-millar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig